Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

a sigh of relief

The past 3 1/2 months have been hard. Pregnancy, a wedding, a 2-year-old, Thanksgiving and two relatively difficult university courses have left me exhausted day in and day out. I buckled through like a champ, but today has been the day I've been waiting for for months.

Last night, I pitched an ad campaign for a class and when it was over, I could breathe again. This was by far the most involved group project I have ever had to do. Because I live so far off campus, it was even more difficult. I could not have asked for a better group though.

Weeks ago, I deemed this day "cookie baking day." And that I did. Dozens and dozens. And there are still more to finish tomorrow. I love to bake- it calms me. But it's a lot of work. A lot of dishes.

Now that Evan is in bed and the dishes are done, I sit here in quiet and I am realizing that I could sit here for the rest of the night if I wanted to. Today is the day that I can breathe. And not worry.

Tomorrow I'll get back to the list. But for tonight, quiet is all I need.

Because I cannot physically post without a photo.. some pretty soft hexagonal bokeh:

No comments: