Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

crayon roll + freezer paper stencil

Hiiii, how was your weekend? Mine went well. We watched an EPIC Packer football game Saturday night- it was truly incredible. Bears next week. We also got some curtains put up in the kidlets' room. It's almost there. Almost. I still need to make changing pad covers. I picked up some excellent fabric for that.

I am so excited to have two kids, but I am really anxious about how Evan will take it. I know he loves babies, but I also know that there may be some jealousy there. Along with creating things for the princess and their room, I have created a couple of special things just for Evan.

I've wanted to make one of these crayon rolls for a long time, but it never seemed that necessary. Now that Evan actually enjoys coloring, I made him one that cost me basically nothing because I used fabric that my grandma gave me and some crayons he received for Christmas. The tutorial for the crayon roll can be found here at The Pleated Poppy (great blog!). I should note that this isn't necessarily a "beginner" sewing project, but it's not hard either. You just have to be patient with yourself and follow the directions. Don't get ahead of yourself.

If you follow me on Facebook, you know that I did a little freezer paper stenciling recently. I did this "Big Bro" shirt for Evan and he wanted me to make one to give to his "baby sissy" (as he calls her). He chose the colors and I did the designs. Freezer paper stenciling is super simple. The supplies include a piece of clothing (or other fabric), pencil, freezer paper, Xacto knife, iron, fabric paint. Very easy and they turned out so cute! Here is a lovely detailed tutorial on Made.

We wrapped everything up and put it in this little pear crate. Yay for reusing!

Oh! And here's some proof that the little monster loves babies. One day while at his multi-sports class, he decided he didn't want to play. Instead, he just wanted to sit and look at and play peek-a-boo with a baby that always came and hung out with his sibling played. He sat for probably 20 minutes just loving this baby.

No comments: