Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, though I'm not quite sure why. I just love it. Hosting Thanksgiving may be one of my very favorite things. I suppose I might like Thanksgiving a whole lot because I have been cooking Thanksgiving turkeys since I was about 16, maybe younger. Even though I totally over plan, there is no better feeling than when everything looks great on the plate and when my table is set just the way I like it.. the night before, of course.
When I think about gratefulness, this year the only thing I could really say was that I just have too much to be thankful for. I am so lucky to have built this life and to have a husband and son who support me and help me make each day better.

I woke up earlier than early to get some bread dough rising. As I was mixing the dough, I could see the street lamp outside and I felt like it captured the way I was feeling that morning.. totally at peace, despite having no sleep.

 I bet you've been waiting to see the food. Ohhh the food.

Clockwise from top left: Eric's sweet potatoes (the biggest hit, I'd say), green bean casserole a la Pioneer Woman, Stovetop stuffing (because nothing really beats it), mashed potatoes, turkey gravy, mile-high peanut butter pie, gingersnap cherry cheesecake, a plate of goodness, the first cut into the turkey, pomegranate-cranberry sauce, MY plate of goodness, honey yeast rolls

And here's little Evan. Not so little anymore. And totally into Bucky Badger these days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my goodness !! you and Eric really did it. Mike said it was delicious.Girl after mo heart.