Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

venturing into a pigtail world

I thought Evan was a girl. I was so unbelievably convinced that he was a girl. When we found out he was a boy, I cried. I didn't cry necessarily because he was a boy. I cried more because my instincts were so wrong and because I was also so happy to finally feel like I knew him a little bit. When we found out that this baby is a girl, I was a little shocked. I didn't let myself think about the gender much because I didn't want to be wrong again. Is that nuts? Thought so.

I think I'm ready to have a girl. I'm beyond beyond beyond excited. Nothing gets me more than little girl pigtails. They're just so adorable. But I'm starting to realize that I have no idea how to put pigtails in a little girl's hair and I have no idea what kind of hairbands you are supposed to use on little girls. I do know that regardless of all the "I don't knows," I'm still beyond beyond beyond psyched.

And can we get excited about some gender equality in the house too? YES, not the only girl anymore! I was basically the only girl in my family growing up and I always wished for a sister. Finally I get a girl- not my sister, but STILL- someone to bond with over the girly stuff boys just don't get.


Because the kidlets are going to share a room, it is important to me that it feel like both of their rooms. I have decided on a color scheme and with that color scheme, I am incorporating both girly and boy-ish things. It is turning out really cute so far and I can't wait to show you the final product very soon!

Doll in second picture: "Les Trendies" Toffee Apple by Corolle- locally we got her at Playthings

No comments: