Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

bump update: 35 weeks


I know it's kind of odd to have a bump update at 35 weeks when it's the very first one, but I really should have been doing this all along, so now that I am finally back to blogging more regularly, I decided that I am going to at least document the last month of this pregnancy.

Overall this pregnancy has been entirely different than with Evan. Entirely. It's crazy how that happens.

As of late, the heartburn is really getting rough in the evenings. I should take some Rolaids or something but I usually just plow through it. Tonight may be the night I give in.
It's also finally getting increasingly difficult to get up and just feel normal in my own body. I can actually feel myself waddling and I can't stand up from sitting without having to go pee.
I've been continuing to try really hard to stay out of the sweats and to put on makeup. Some days just being awake is tiring enough, but if I don't take the time to make myself look pretty, I don't feel pretty and that just makes all the hard stuff that much harder.

I've been nesting like crazy, but we both know that we just are not ready for this baby to come yet.. not QUITE. As things come together for the baby, Evan is increasingly excited, but he has no idea what's about to actually happen. He knows what a girl is and he knows what a baby is, but he doesn't know what it means to have a NEWBORN baby. I don't even think I know what it means. When you're pregnant, you imagine your baby and your kid, but you just don't imagine the newborn stage, even if you've had experience with it.

Alright, off for some Rolaids...

Forgot to mention:
Used the Vintage Icycles action from My Four Hens Photography & font came from kevinandamanda.com

1 comment:

aliciajill said...

Here's what I will tell you about having a baby and a kid: the first few weeks/couple of months are rough.Its hard to feel like you are doing everything your big kid deserves while taking care of/bonding with the baby, and all on no sleep. You are constantly worried that as well intentioned as the big kid may be, he may hurt the baby. And that whole "sleep when the baby sleeps" thing goes out the window, because what exactly are you supposed to do with the big kid? But it all comes together, you find your groove, your big kid will grow up and be helpful in ways you can't even imagine and it will absolutely melt your heart the first time they smile and play together. Congrats again and best of luck!