Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

iPhone.. meet Square

When thinking about what types of payment I will take with my business, I knew I didn't want to take any chances. Taking checks can be risky and Paypal isn't always the safest option either. I'd heard about Square before and I knew that it was possible to use your iPhone to take payments, but when I finally went to their website and realized how easy and accessible it was, I was convinced. Then when I tweeted about it, I got a near-immediate response from their support team. Now that's what I call customer service! Also, any company that is using Twitter to actively solve problems and answer questions is generally ahead of the curve technologically, which I appreciate. There is a small fee for me to be able to accept a credit card, but isn't that the case with any business accepting credit cards? I think yes. All I have to do is plug this little Square into my iPhone and use the free app to accept a credit card. All my client has to do is swipe their card through the Square. A receipt can be easily emailed to them. Awesome, right? Sales tax can also be easily calculated in the app. Most people don't like to carry checks or a lot of cash these days so it's convenient for all. I am so excited to be able to relay that convenience and the green effort to my clients.

No comments: