Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

brian finke sees people

When I was 16, I was a cheerleader. It was a big part of what defined me. I bought this book at Urban Outfitters because I thought it was cool to shop there, but really, this book is cool and I keep it around because it still inspires me as much now as it did then. The photographer, Brian Finke,  is one of my favorites. His work strives to capture the person behind the person. He sees emotion. He sees stereotypes. He sees people. And I appreciate that. You can see a lot of the cheerleading pictures here and his other sets here. So I guess maybe I was more inspired by photography at a younger age than I realized. I kind of thought I was falling into it now, but as I look back, I realize that I always had creative outlets, but I never realized how important they were to me.

No comments: