Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

this crazy, lucky life

I've been so out of it lately. I am just so not together.
The dishes have found themselves in piles and the laundry is not getting done.
But more than anything, I am just a space-case..
I've got so much on my mind... so much...





















The kiddos are keeping me busy. Neither takes good naps.
Did I mention Mila is a crawling machine? And pulls herself to stand?
























And that sharing is a sudden major issue? Yikes, was not prepared.
Once every few days, Mila takes a nice afternoon nap..
Luckily today feels like one of those days and this little man is being the best and is letting me write this...























We are doing a "cooking class" with Evan once a week since he is showing a lot of interest in cooking shows and the kitchen. Eric and I are taking turns doing it each week. This week, the boys made Muddy Buddies. It didn't last long (the bowl, that is). We also did a drive-in movie night. I helped Evan make a car out of a box and made popcorn and we watched Cars (because what else would you watch in a car?)
Life really isn't quite as crazy as I make it out to be.
I'm more sleep-deprived than I realize.
And I have a tendency to exaggerate.
I should really stop that.

Even when life is crazy like this, I have moments of clarity where I just realize how lucky I am.
I'm lucky to be able to spend so much time with my husband. I'm lucky he helps with laundry and dishes when I just can't bring myself to do them. I'm lucky that we live somewhere warm and dry. I'm lucky to have food on the table. And when I think of life like that, it's pretty darn easy and pretty darn great.

No comments: