Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

reverb 10 | one word

I'm pretty excited to be participating in Reverb 10 this year. I ran across this series of writing prompts on Ali Edwards' blog and I thought it would be a good way for me to focus on my personal writing and to get back into blogging more again. I think the idea of Reverb 10 is fantastic and I can't wait to see what each day's prompt brings. I'm jumping into the project a couple of days late, so I will be playing catch up for a couple of days.


PROMPT ONE | ONE WORD
Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?
(Author: Gwen Bell)


At the beginning of 2010, I wrote a New Year's resolution. That resolution told me that I should follow my passions. Now that it is nearing the end of the year, I suppose it is time to start reflecting on whether or not I succeeded at following my passion this year. In a word, yes.

This year, I really grew. I grew into myself as a student, as a mother, and most importantly for myself, as a woman. I learned a lot about myself because I did follow my passions. I became deeply involved in the things that make me that happiest. Sometimes I found out that those things weren't as great as I thought and other times, I only fell in love more.

I fell in love with photography this year.
I married the perfect man for me this year.
I didn't stop cooking this year.
No matter how tough sometimes, I continued to work towards my degree this year.
I found out that we are adding a 4th lovely to our family this year.

This year was all about passion. I stayed true to who I am and I am happier because of it.

Next year, I will continue to follow my passions, but I hope that at the end of the year, I can say that it was about confidence. As much as I believe in myself, I am not always confident. As outspoken as I am, sometimes I am insecure. Perhaps feeling like an end in sight is near in school will help me gain confidence as a professional. And I know that having a second child to raise will help me gain even more confidence as a mother. If I can continue to write and take pictures, I think I will gain confidence as a woman.

To see all my Reverb 10 posts, click here.

1 comment:

janet said...

i think following your passions is the only way to be happy! good job. love your photography.